Annual Conditions of Entry
The Art Society of Tasmania Inc.
2019 ANNUAL EXHIBITION
External selectors are invited by the Management Committee to judge the Annual exhibition. The selectors are chosen for their experience, knowledge and expertise across the full range of arts practice. They make their decisions based on the following criteria – Concept, Execution, Design, Presentation and Impact. The Selectors are completely independent of the Committee. Their decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The selectors will provide written feedback to artists whose work is not selected. Those artists will be informed as soon as possible after the judging and will be given a time to collect their work and judges’ feedback. The selectors will also provide a written critique and rationale for the prize-winning works.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Each member is entitled to submit one work only.
2. Work will not be accepted from non - financial or social members.
3. All work for selection must be brought to the Lady Franklin Gallery between 3 and 4pm on the Sunday before the exhibition opening unless by prior arrangement with the Exhibitions committee.
4. A completed entry form must be handed in with your work, together with the entry fee of $15. This fee will be refunded if your work is not selected
5. A corresponding Art Society provenance label must be attached to the back of the work.
6. Exhibiting artists are responsible for their own insurance cover. The Gallery is fitted with a monitored security alarm system and members are on duty whenever the Gallery is open. The Art Society does not insure artworks however all care will be taken in the handling of your work.
7. All work must be completed within the past year and the original work of the exhibitor. It must not have been previously exhibited elsewhere.
8. Works from workshops or tutored sessions will not be accepted
9. The finished work including the frame must be no larger than 152cm x152cm (x 15cm deep for relief work). This restriction also applies to multi-panelled pieces.
10. No work will be removed from display until the close of the exhibition.
11. The submitted work is to be suitably framed ready to hang. Gallery edged canvasses are acceptable i.e. unframed but with finished edges. Flat D rings and wire/cord should be attached
12. Three-dimensional work will be accepted but it must be suitable for hanging or standing on a flat surface in a stable manner and capable of being handled safely by one person
13. There are no restrictions for the use of media.
14. Artists statements will not be hung beside the work. They can be displayed in the Artist folder.
15. The Committee reserves the right to reject any works deemed unsuitable for hanging prior to the selection of this exhibition. Wet work will not be accepted.
16. All works exhibited shall be for sale at the price indicated on the entry form. A commission of 25% applies.
17. The following prizes will be awarded for this exhibition:
The Art Society Annual Award for the Best Overall Work - $1000 cheque from the Art Society
Artery Award for the Best Use of Medium - $500 voucher from Artery
People’s Choice Award - voucher for 2 people for a cruise from Pennicott Wilderness Journeys .This is decided
by popular vote and announced at the opening of the following exhibition.
The Art Society Award for 3D work - $200 cheque from the Art Society - for ceramics, textiles or installation
Up to 5 Highly Commended or Commended Awards - $50 voucher and certificates are awarded at the discretion of the judges.