Felicity will be teaching two separate all-day workshops in Classical Life Drawing covering essential techniques to address the wonder of the naked form. This is the first , intermediate class.
The fine art of figurative drawing is as old as art itself, and Felicity will once again give participants the opportunity to expand and develop their own skills in Classical Life Drawing, working in various media in these comprehensive yet friendly and fun sessions.
Intermediate: Friday 22nd November 2019 Time: 10am – 4pm.
The Intermediate workshop is for those with a little prior experience and some basic drawing skills. It will help participants relax and get acquainted with a range of techniques to capture the human form. Through learning correct observation and awareness of key visual elements and structure in the figure, you will see more clearly, gain confidence and enjoy your work more.
What to bring:
· Stand up easel if you have one (AST has a few that can be borrowed).
· Backing board if you have one.
· Bulldog clips and or masking tape.
· Drawing paper – various types, weights, and value, approximately A3 or larger (eg. butchers’ paper, newsprint, cartridge, pastel paper, kraft paper, office paper).
· Media – graphite, willow charcoal (+ compressed or charcoal pencils), ball point or fine-tip pen, drawing ink and a brush if you have it (optional extras: pastels, oils, acrylics and accessories*).
· Kneadable eraser, or other.
· A viewfinder if you have one, or a small piece of cardboard to make one.
· BYO lunch, water etc.
· Tea, coffee and bikkies supplied.
*Please bring media that you are relatively comfortable using so that you can freely make marks and focus on seeing and responding.
Suggested arrival time from 9.30am to set up as workshops will start 10am sharp.