EVENTS - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Ways with Water - watercolour workshop (9:30am to 4:30pm)
Suggested Materials List:
This is a suggested list only - bring whatever you would like to use. I will also bring along lots of interesting supplies for you to try out.
- Artists’ quality watercolours: Ultramarine Blue; Phthalo blue or Turquoise, Permanent Alizarin Crimson or Permanent Rose; Burnt Sienna; Raw Sienna; a transparent yellow such as quinacridone gold, nickel azo yellow or hansa yellow.
- Masking fluid and a small old brush or dip pen to apply it with.
- A couple of small dishes eg soy sauce dishes.
- A selection of watercolour brushes including: size 10 or 12 round with a good point and a hake brush or squirrel or synthetic alternative soft wash brush.
- 300gsm watercolour paper, medium (cold press) texture, including at least 1 large (half sheet) size. Good quality paper such as Arches, Saunders or Fabriano is essential for good results!Buying a full sheet and cutting it up is cheaper than buying a pad, and gives you different sizes and shapes to work with.
- Cartridge paper pad or “draw and wash” for practice and for sketching.
- Backing board for your paper.
- Magic Tape or masking tape (preferably not blue tape as it affects your colour perception).
- A 2B pencil and eraser.
- Natural sponge.
- A desk easel if you wish to use one. Alternatively, you can use a rolled-up towel or block of wood to prop up your board and provide a slope.
An information sheet can be downloaded here.
If you need more information please contact;
Members please login before you register.
PAYMENT OPTIONS WILL BE LISTED IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
Friday, October 29, 2021, 9:30 AM until 4:30 PM
Lady Franklin Gallery, Ancanthe Park
268 Lenah Valley Road
Lenah Valley, TA
0490 910 229
Registration is closed - Event is full
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Please let us know as early as you can if you have to cancel. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of the Committee.