LIFE DRAWING with Felicity Lovett,
Felicity is able to offer another 3 sessions in September on a Thursday morning. This time she will focus on specific drawing media.
Week 1: Graphite -
working with drawing pencils and graphite sticks to
explore body proportions, measuring techniques, and building up tone.
Week 2: Charcoal and Pastels
- Using willow charcoal, charcoal pencils,
and pastels to explore more textural and heavily toned drawing
Week 3: Ink -
Exploring the gestural, fluid properties of brush and ink as
well as markers and pens to expand the parameters of drawing media
All exercises and technique exploration is optional if you would rather just 'do your thing'.
Book on the website or with Lynne Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Deposit Code – LifeDrawWS
To partake in all activities, participants are recommended to bring:
- A pad of inexpensive drawing paper (e.g. newsprint) [all weeks]
- 5-10 sheets of thicker cartridge or drawing paper for a) longer drawings, and b) using with ink and wash [all weeks]
- A range of graphite pencils (e.g. 2B - 8B) [all weeks]
- A graphite stick (4B-6B recommended. Can be purchased from art stores for about $3) [week 1]
- Other graphite products you may own (e.g. Watersoluble graphite, coloured graphite - optional) [week 1]
- Willow charcoal [week 2]
- A couple of charcoal pencils with varied weights (2B-8B) [week 2]
- A small selection of chalk pastels (e.g. sepia, white, black, sienna, 3-6 other colours) [week 2]
- Black or sepia drawing ink [week 3]
- A water pot [week 3]
- A medium-sized ink brush about 1/2 " wide (I will bring spares if you can't source one) [week 3]
- A biro [week 3]
- A small selection of markers (textas) [week 3]
- A table or floor easel with backing board if needed [all weeks]
Participants may bring all of the above each week, or refer to the indication of what will be used each week in the square brackets. Again, you're free to use what you like at any time and please don't feel pressured to spend lots to stock up with all those materials; the above is a guide for you to follow along with the exercises.